Bikini season is right around the corner! Let me just say I am a very big eater. I LOVE FOOD. Put some Chinese food in front of me and I will out eat anyone (including my Fiancé which I do every time!) This is the time of year I really like to focus on eating cleaner. One of my absolute favorites is this brussel sprout and kale salad. You don't feel like you're eating greens just to eat them. It is so yummy and super easy to make!
What you will need:
For the Salad:
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound Tuscan or curly kale (about 1 large bunch), thick center rib removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely grated or chopped Parmigiano Reggiano
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, from about 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots, from one large shallot
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Bake the walnuts for 5-8 minutes, until toasted and fragrant. Keep a close eye on them; they burn quickly.
- Combine the brussels sprouts and kale in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over the vegetables.
- Add most of the walnuts and cheese, reserving some to garnish the platter, and toss well. Let the salad sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (or up to a few hours in the fridge) to allow the flavors to meld and the vegetables to soften.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Transfer to a serving dish and scatter the remaining walnuts and cheese over top. Serve at room temperature.
What are some of your favorite recipes? Share them with me below! xoxo [show_shopthepost_widget id="646633"]