My beautiful friend Alexandra Breckenridge (who you can catch TONIGHT on Walking Dead 9pm on AMC) happens to be an excellent cook. She comes up with the best recipes in the kitchen. You can almost guarantee every time you walk into her house, she will have some sort of baked good she experimented with over the weekend for you to try. Go to her on a holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas? She cooks up a feast and its alway amazing!! Here, she shares her favorite (delicious!) gluten free spaghetti squash! I swear you, your kids, husbands or friends will never know you're not eating pasta!
What you will need:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dash of Dried chili flakes (if desired)
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Fresh Parmesan cheese to your liking.
**I use about one side of the squash in this, so if you are using the entire thing double the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Split squash in half and scrape out seeds
- season with olive oil, salt, pepper. Or you can add water to baking dish about 1/4 high to help steam the squash in place of seasoning in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- place flesh side down and roast for 30-40 min until fully cooked,
Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Carve out one side and set aside
- Finely chop garlic or use a garlic press
- Heat skillet with olive oil on medium heat
- Cook the garlic for one minute or until aromatic.
- Add squash and fry for two min.
- Add chopped basil And a dash of chili flakes. Continue to cook another min.
- Turn off heat and add Parmesan cheese
- Stir until melted ( you can also use cheddar or vegan cheese)
- Add salt and pepper to taste after you put the squash in the pan to cook
**You can carve out the other half and save on the fridge to have later in the week.