My schedule is always busy and I feel like I never have time to cook during the week. Unless I cook for a few days at a time, I find myself constantly eating out at restaurants. The problem with eating out all the time is that you're constantly consuming way more calories, fat and sodium. The other problem is that you don't know what you're REALLY eating or what REALLY goes on in the kitchen while someone else is preparing your food.
My favorite food is Asian cuisine. I absolutely LOVE sushi and could eat it 5 nights a week. I came up with a really quick, inexpensive way to feed that habit. It takes 5 minutes to make, it is really healthy and gluten free!
I make mine with frozen wild salmon burgers but you can use any kind of salmon.
What you will need:
- 1 salmon burger patty per person. (wild if possible!)
- I package of toasted, ready to eat Nori (seaweed)
- Jasmine rice (I buy frozen packaged ones that heat up in 3 minutes when I'm short on time!)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber (optional)
- Spicy mayo sauce: (optional)
- 1 tbs of either mayo or vegenaise
- 1 tsp of saracha sauce
- liquid Braggs
- Heat up the burgers on a forman grill or a pan and at the same time, heat the rice in the microwave.
- Cut up your cucumber and avocado.
- Mix 1 tbs of veganaise or mayo with your saracha (you can choose your measurements based on how spicy you want it and how much you want to make at a time) mix the 2 together in a little sauce dish or in a bowl. Add a splash of liquid Braggs.
- Once the salmon burgers are done, cut them up in either strips or little pieces.
- Take your nori and cut it in half in 2 triangles
Wrap some rice, salmon, avocado and cucumber in your cone and you are done!
Ok so my way didn't turn out as pretty as the photo above but I promise you it tasted just as good! We can't always be perfect!
Dip it in soy, braggs and/or your spicy mayo!